Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having problems printing envelopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguytim

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
US
When I print envelopes, some of the fields are not right up against each other--even though I have placed them together in the Report Designer. For instance, on the bottom line of the address, the city is lined up properly, but the state has too much space between it and city and the zip code is waaaaaay over there.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to get ACT to get those fields to print next to each other--accounting for the varying lengths of those fields from record to record?

Thanks in advance. Tim.

Check your tab settings. You should be using tabs, not spaces, to set up your envelope. Spaces are read different by different printers.

Example:

<tab><tab><tab>Name
<tab><tab><tab>Address
<tab><tab><tab>City,(space)State(space)ZIP

Thanks for the reply. Actually, the "City" part of the address is lining up just fine... it is the 2 letter state abbreviation and the zip code that have too much space between them. I'll try your suggestion and try a "tab" there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back