Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having Problems Getting A VPN To Run With Multiple Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian48

Technical User
May 30, 2006
GB
Hi,

I have a Windows 2000 VPN server up and working very well when you connect to it using a machine only running the Microsoft Windows Networking. But unfortunatly where I work we are not set up on a microsoft based network, and our remote partner is also not. So what I am trying to do is initiate a VPN connection using the Banyan Client. When I try to use it at our local point with the Novell client already running on the machine MPRexe crashes everytime. They also said that they cannot initiate the connection with the banyan client installed. The setup is with both clients installed (Novell/Microsoft) just to clarify. I am assuming the problem that they have up there is the same as what we have here. I am only trying to give access to just that server, I have disabled routing figuring that it might have been a part of the problem. Does anyone know any sort of fix that I can use to help with this problem. If you need any more information or know of an answer it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much

Brian Ellis
Computer Assistant - Wayne College - University of Akron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back