Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having problems appending multiple records

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile2

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
GB
I have 2 tables in Access 97, one is called CustomerDetails and contains a primary key called CustomerID. This table has a one to many relationship with another table called Communication. The foreign key in the Communication table is also called CustomerID. The other fields in this table are called CommunicationID(Autonumber), StaffMember(Text), Date(Date/time), Type(Text), Outcome(Text). What I want to do is either a)type in a record for the communication table (this has a subform for inputing data) and then copy all the contents from StaffMember, Date, Type, and Outcome to other customers or b) Use a paramater query to type in the contents of StaffMember, Date, Type and Outcome and then append this to multiple customers e.g CustomerID in the Communication table). The StaffMember, Type and Outcome fields in the Communication table are also set with combo box, value list and row sources. What we have to do just now is, if we have the same types of communication with more than 1 customer we have to go into each company (by choosing there name from a parameter which open a form)and complete the subform with the same details for each customer. Can you help? I have tried using an append query but am having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back