Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having Network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssga

Technical User
Jun 21, 2002
ZA
I'm have problem getting win98 and win95 to see each other over a direct cross over cable which always worked before. Both NICs are 16bit SMC ISA cards. I downloaded a NIC diagnostic program which indicates that the NICs are working correctly and can communicate over the crossover cable but when it come to windows they refuse to see each other at all. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and win98 on [pc] pc1 and win95 on [pc] pc2 and the still don't see each other. I'm using client fo ms networks, ipx/spx, file and printer sharing all bound to the NICs on both machine (both have own name and same workgroup) Can anyone help please?

Have you tried using the tcp/ip or netbeui protocols? All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

HI

If you dont have anything shared win95/98 will not see each other over the network. Meaning you will not see the other machine in network neigberhood. Hope this Helps

Maruis
"I sleep at home not on my Job!"

Try using no password and make sure they are given a different name. Sometimes using a password makes them not able to see each other. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

might have to activate sharing on the drives also. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back