Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having Continuous subforms within continuous subforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpearcey

Technical User
Mar 7, 2001
GB
I have a subform for contact people, which is continuous - as i have many contacts for the one overall record. But i want to now put another coninuous subform within this so as to log items sent to each individual contact. I have set the table up correctly with the ID numbers matching, and also the one to many relationship created. But, it will now not let me have my first (main) subform work as a continuous form. Why is this? I cannot change, so i cannot see some records.

How can i get around this? NEed Help! Thank you for your help already.

Matt Pearcey

Access will not allow you to insert a subform into a form that has its "Default View" property set to "continuous form." Therefore, what you are trying to do is not possible within the Jet framework.

HOwever, instead of using a "continous form" -- you could use a datasheet. Set your contacts subform default view to Datasheet and then add the fields you require. Then create another form that is also set to datasheet view, and has the fields required for the 'logged items.'

Now add your logged items form into the first form as a subform object.

Your contacts subform will now show all your contacts continusouly with a collapsing subsheet that contains the logged items...

hope this helps

Hiren

:eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back