Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having an anymail@domain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyss

ISP
Jan 20, 2001
GB
I am trying to configure Exchange 5.5 to do the following:-

For domain name 'domain.com'

if mail is sent to test@domain.com and there is no recipient with that valid email address, then it will deliver to a pre-nominated recipient.

For example I have 1 user with address nick@xxx.com yet someone sends a mail to sales@domain.com which I (the domain owner) still want to receive and have delivered to a pre-nominated recipient.

I want a function whereby 'anything'@domain.com will default to one mail recipient unless that address is a valid address for a recipient.

Thanks,

Nick

Set up an IMC for that domain to pick up the mail and deliver to the Exchange server. Set the administrator to be the domain owner. All mail for email addresses not listed in the Exchange containers will be passed to that user.

Hi
I posted this excat question before and was told it could not be done. Could you be a bit more specific please I don't undersatnd what you mean by "be the domain owner"
Thanks
Steve Evans

In the IMC, there is a box for the administrator of the domain. Select the mailbox of the person who is to retrieve all mails by default.

If your list is:
userA@domain1.com
userB@domain1.com
SteveEvans@domain1.com

You can set yourself up as the administrator for domain1's IMC. Then any emails not addressed to userA or userB and coming to your Exchange server will be sent to you.

Get your usernames sorted out on the server (or just yourself if need be). Ensure your ISP is sending the mail to your exchange server. Set your IMC with a domain of domain1.com or whatever as inbound and set the administrator as yourself or whoever. I think it will work fine.

I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to accomplish the same thing. Any suggestions?

Mike Peschka

this does not make any sense to me im sorry but i still do not understand could u explain in more detail please i understand putting my name in the imc admin box but how do i tell it to send all wrongly addressed emails to me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back