Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

having a bit of trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomvear

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2006
GB
ive been using IIS for years, but over the last 2 or so i havnt touched it. Recently i tried putting an asp classic component on an IIS6 server and can only run the HTML docs on it and it wont display the asp pages and just gives me a 404 error on them when loaded, anybody see anything stupid im doing?!

Have you ensured that the ASP is "ENABLED" in IIS under the "Web server extensions" category in IIS manager.

Might be also worth checking that ASP support is installed. Support for classic ASP is not installed by default with W2K3. To check, if you haven't already, go to Add/Remove Windows Components and drill down into the IIS options.

IIS6 is lockdown more than previous versions of IIS

yes it just wasnt enabled in the server extensions, also i had the same issue on a IIS5 server but later realized it was due to the lock down tool, this is resolved by re-installing the lockdown tool set with the options for exchnage 2000 owa, on the latest lock down tool.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DONT POST THE FIX AFTER THEY GET IT SORTED ON FORUMS!!!! SO THERE IT IS IF ANYBODY ELSE IS HAVING THAT SAME ISSUE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back