Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Haveing problems with Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasmjaso

MIS
May 23, 2001
US
I'm want to add another member server to the domain under the DC, I can add it as a member server. Once I try to add it as a domain with AD I get cannot find domain or the domain doesn't exist. I want to add it under the root DC and setup as Exchange and another as a Print server. What is my problem here. Please help been pulling hair out.

What is you domain name? Is you network in Native or Mixed mode. Chances are you are not entering the domain name correctly. For innstance domain name = abc.com or just abc
If you DC is NT4 and is not using the .com domain name then you need to enter you server in domain abc. The other thing that I noticed has worked is to not join the domain until after everything is setup. Anthor thing to check is DNS if DNS isn't properly setup then you domain isn't properly setup.

Check your member server's TCP/IP settings
you must have the DC's IP as the DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back