Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have updates only install during night hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netman06

Technical User
Aug 15, 2006
US
Hello,

I'm using SMS 2003 SP1 and would like to know how to setup the advertisment of Windows Updates to only happen after say 4:00pm and 5:am. So I do not interrupt my users during working hours.

Thanks,

Mike

I don't think SMS 2003 allows for this...I went to a demo for SCCM (aka new SMS) and it allows you to specify a maintenance window to accomplish this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dm4ever
My philosophy: K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple Stupid

If they leave the machines on then you can run patches for a set period of time, after the time expires it wont run them again. You would have to expire the advert every night after the aloted time was up and remake the advert....or install some 2rd party thing like from 1E or SMS expert....or go to SCCM

sorry for the delay responding. I got assigned to another project, but I'm back at it now.

I will look into all of these suggestions.

Thanks to you both.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back