Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have to choose 5 resource models for the AS/400..HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindsambo

MIS
May 14, 2003
CA
We are currently installing tivoli monitoring 5.1 for our AS/400. Our contract only allows for 5 resource models and a maximum of 10 monitors to start. The rest will we up to us to add in house once our skill set is up to snuff.

I have a list of all the resource models for the AS/400 but was wondering if there is a list of the "STANDARD MONITORS" used for the AS/400. It would assist me in selecting 10 monitors to start with.

Any suggestions on which 5 resource models to start with would be greatly appreciated. I just on the ground floor of the tivoli project and have MUCH to learn.

Don't you think it will depend on what you are trying to accomplish? Do you want to monitor message on the AS400 console and react to them? You ASP may be something that you would want to keep an eye on. What about programs or task that should be running, maybe restart them if they fail. Network connections or links and lines.
Of course you can monitor standard CPU, file and I/O.
The standard stuff out of the box is ok but if you have a contract to have custom monitors written have the contractor use the Resource Model Builder (Eclipse) product and document what they do. You can use these as a reference in creating your own Resource Models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back