Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have question marks in NWADMIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfishflake

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
When starting, I get a message saying there is a problem with DNS or IP for Ifolder. I have to hit any key to continue booting the server. How do I change the IP or DNS now that I have already messed it up? There are question marks in several places when I open NWAdmin. Should I just start over and do it again from scratch, then do I use the same IP address as the server for Ifolder? Not really understanding what the problem is with the IP I gave it. How do I know the DNS? A little help here would be appreciated, as you can tell, I am a little lost. Thanks in advance.

The Yellow circles with question marks are because you haven't installed the snap-ins into the snap-ins' folder. Your DNS issue may be caused by not having a recorded for the server in the forward and reverse zones.

I have not worked with NW 6 but Novell seems to have basically abandoned NW Admin. They aren't providing the necessary snapins to view certain objects. You can use Console One to do the job instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back