Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have outside line without press 9 key

Status
Not open for further replies.

expocite33

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
CA
Hi

Is it possible to have the procedure to set an extension to get out automaticaly without press 9. The extension must have a outside line automaticaly when you pick up the phone..

Thank,

Set the ext. prime line to pool (you must have lines in a pool, usually A, but check your lines, you may have several pools set up) and make sure the ext. has access to the pool. Then when the handset is lifted, the next available line in the pool will be selected, and all you have to do is dial.
Gabriel

- Line Access
- Prime line

It was I/C, then, when I choose PoolA, the system return "No free line" when I lift the handset, is there any other option to set????

Verify the lines are set up as pool. Not knowing your software, you would look at each line and see if the Line Type is PoolA, B, or C, etc. Also you may be assigning the wrong Line Pool to the phone. Go to a phone that is using a 9 to dial out and see which line it is selecting. Another note: if you have Centrex lines, you cant remove the 9 from the line on the Phone System's side, you would have to get Telco to remove it.
Gabriel

you have either all lines in the pool busy or you did not get the lines set to pool A in programming Lines->trunk/line data->line type:poolA
go ahead and check that out and let us know.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If you have a pri there is no way around this unless you build routes that point to the pri, also another feature that may be helpful to you is Automatic Dial,

When you find the pool that must be assigned to the phone- go to the sets and hit F*82
Change the phone to automatic dial
This will allow you to dial from the dial pad without picking up the handset or pressing handsfree.

Norstarguru
john1@refurbphones.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back