Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have one incoming line not answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincyb

Vendor
May 6, 2004
US
Hi,
We have 50 DID's coming into our Magix 3.0 switch, and now the boss wants one number that we chose, not to be answered by voice mail (using Intuity Audix), but to just ring and ring... I have changed the Audix routing table, and removed that line, but when called, it still answers with "that is an invalid extension." I'm not sure where else to pull that number out of. I tried the coverage group, and when dialing that number, it gets waved off... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

renumber a station port to a DID number and don't put it in the coverage group.

The Audix routing table isn't necessary for DID extensions unless you are wanting Mailbox C to handle messages for Ext A.

Pepperz@charter.net

I removed the number out of the Audix routing, and got a fast busy... Not what we needed. By pulling all of the connections (a shot-gun approach, for sure!) from the switch to the voice-mail, I was able to get a continous ring and a hit on the Taske software report...

The Audix routing table has nothing to do with whether or not a switch returns a fast busy. Something is missing. If the extension is on the switch, you won't get fast busy. If the extension isn't in coverage for voice mail, it won't be sent to Audix.
Are you on PRI, T-1 or analog DID trunks?

Pepperz@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back