Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have no Jbuilder - where do I specify JNDI names ..etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnim17

Programmer
Jun 19, 2005
US
Hi,
I am trying to build a CMP- Entity bean. I do not have JBuilder right now..! What are the files I need to updated to specify JNDI names and othere related parameters..
can someone explain or point to a resource

Nims

Not really sure what JBuilder has to do with anything - but what is important - which you have not told us - is what J2EE server you are using.

In any case, maybe you should read this :

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

You can also use the deploytool. At the command prompt, just type 'deploytool'. If your path is not set up correctly, you can find it in the directory where J2EE is installed.

metheus, I was under the impression that "deploytool" was a tool that shipped with Sun's RI J2EE server.

Considering that the OP does not state which J2EE server he is using, not sure how much use that is ...

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

JBuilder has wizards to set things like that (for supported servers obviously), so you don't have to know where they're actually defined by the appserver itself.

Another reason to never use an IDE to do something unless and until you can do it by hand...

JNDI definitions (as so many things) are appserver specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back