Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have group header show before page headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk17

Technical User
Sep 6, 2013
US
Hi,

We have a report that's currently displaying most of the data in Group Headers. There's 3 of them total with some split into multiple sections. GH1 has physician name, GH2 has patient name & medical record # combined, and GH3 has the patient exam #.

The problem we're having is that two of the sections in GH3 should be showing up if there is more than one page. It shows the patient name and date of birth on the first page only. I know that's how it's intended to work since it's the same patient exam # but we need that fixed. I can move all of GH2 & GH3 to the page header sections instead but I need GH1 to print before them. It prints out labels for the physician's office and should be displayed prior to the patient data.

I might be overcomplicating it here but if anyone can show me another method to do this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Using Crystal Reports v14

Thanks.

Instead of using the page header, format the group header to repeat on subsequent pages. If you need to be more specific, you can create a formula, using the "inrepeatedgroupheader" function:

If inrepeatedgroupheader then
{table.field}

-LB

Thanks LB. That did the trick. Had to repeat GH3 and then use that function in the suppression formulas for all the sections under GH3 that should not be repeated. Worked flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back