Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have ESS F20 in house DR site has EMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktate777

Technical User
Feb 13, 2004
US
We have AIX 5.2 attached to a ESS F20 using SDD. Our DR site has said we will need to use their EMC disk. I know nothing about EMC, how do I prepare my AIX server to talk to an EMC?

Thanks

Does your DR site not provide the processor(s) as well ?

Alex

Generally, DR companies provide similar hardware or better to your own config, (with identical tape drives) or is this a networked site type of DR ?

Alex

The DR site will provide the RS/6000. I'll restore my rootvg onto their machine with mksysb. My rootvg has SDD installed already. Does EMC need something similar to SDD? If so, I could install it before I leave for the DR site.

Thanks

hi ,

if you are using EMC , you'll need some software to talk to the EMC disks i.e. something like powerpath
but this shouldn't be your problem , if you tell the DR site that I want the server with so much disk space , once you have done the mksysb restore , they should be able to assist you with assigning the disk to your server . This could mean them installing additional software on the server so that you can see the disks ?

If i was you i would speak to the DR site and explain to them what hardware you have and what hardware you require including disk space . they should be able to assist you ?

I would not start installing software on your machine .

HTH

I'm in agreement with DSMARWAY, its up to the DR company to provide you with the solution, by not adding stuff to your machine, but by providing compatible kit and/or staff to achieve your aims

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back