Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have a wrong time on e-mails going out

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfullen26

Technical User
Oct 21, 2003
US
All,

Has anyone experience having an e-mail stamped 4 hours off? A users PC has the correct time and the exchange server has the correct time; this user is the only one experiencing this problem. When I had the user send me an e-mail the time was fine and test that were performed showed no problems with the time stamped on the e-mail. The user is experiencing this problem when sending an e-mail to customers outside of our network.

I've seen this when either the user or the person they are sending to has the wrong time zone on their PC

Yes, it could be the time of day is right -- but the TIME ZONE on that person's computer is incorrectly set.

My guess is that you are on Eastern Time and that person has their time zone set to the Windows Default time of Pacific Time.

Thanks again, Mr. Gates! :)

Thank you all for your responses, I should have thought of that myself; after sending the request some questions came to mind that I should have ask the user.

Thanks again.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back