Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have a Trojan Horse/backdoor infection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rholien

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
I am the director of a small Family History Library in Mesa AZ. I have a 6 computer network with a 3com network dial-up modem. My computer #2 must have gotten a Trojan Horse. It kept dialing out when no one was using the computer, and would tie up the phone line for hours. I disconnected the phone line from the 3com modem, and the computer kept trying to dial out.

My virus software is Command, and it would find W95/opaserv.worm.A and Brasil.pif and delete them. I eventually lost my ability to get on the internet because the IE would not load. I then up graded from WIN95 to WIN98, but it didn't help. There is a back door program because even when I stopped the following files from running (using msconfig) I can't get on the internet.
marco!.scr instit.bat scrsvr.exe
I also saw Alevir.exe but the virus software got it.
The Trojan Horse is hidden - how do I find it and get rid of it???

Howdy:

Every computer on your network is infected and that is why the files keep coming back. This particular virii drops itself on every computer it finds on a network !!! Remove it from one and as soon as you start up, the others will re-infect it.

Go to the following url for complete removal instructions.. Read them carefully and thoroughly as you must TOTALLY disable the network and clean each system !!!

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back