Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have a Norstar NT5B01 and Norstar phones, want caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark.Brown

Technical User
Oct 29, 2020
US
We recently purchased a business that has the Norstar NT5B01 phone system, M7310, and various similar phones. I would like to have caller ID, I'm gathering that the current system won't support it. What is the easiest path forward for me to get caller ID? Will the phones support it with a different phone system? I am fine with getting used equipment, and relatively confident about changing it out on my own if I have instructions. In a perfect world I'd replace all of it with beautiful new IP phones, but times are lean at the moment, and I really have no need for all of that fanciness. We're such a small business that I'm not even worried about individual voice mail, post-it notes work here. Thanks for any advice.

Mark

The phones work on various model phone systems.

Nortel:
3X9
6X16
8X24
CICS
MICS
BCM

Get us as much info from the phone system as possible.
The system and any parts that slide in have stickers with NT numbers or names/letters.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Norstar NT5B01 = 6x16

It is possible to have caller ID on a 6x16 system, but it requires a separate module (M8 or C6 caller ID module) and the latest software (DR5). You can find the software version by pulling out the software cartridge at the top left of the unit, but UNPLUG THE SYSTEM before you do this and don't plug it back in until you put the cartridge back. One potential problem is I'm pretty sure you could only have caller ID automatically show up for one set and the rest you'd have to enter a feature code or press a button to see the information

You're probably better off getting a different system with caller ID already available like a CICS with a caller ID trunk card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back