Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

have a bcm 400 need to add an expansion cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdisatech

Technical User
Jan 3, 2007
US
need to add an expansion cabinet to a bcm 400 rel 3.7. I haven't done this before and having trouble finding any docs on this can someone point me in the right direction?

Get a copy of the manual at
(Nortel has apparently finally seen the light about making their manuals available.)

While the expansion unit itself only needs to be plugged in you probably need to do some planning first, to figure out how your existing MBMs and the MBMs you plan to add are going to divvy up the bus space. I assume you're planning to add MBMs, otherwise you wouldn't bother with adding an expansion unit.

jonhathcc: that is for Rls 4, his is a 3.7

There is know differnce between the main unit and the expansion unit, you have a Max of 6 BUS to use between then.
It doesn't make any difference what slot you put them in except Nortel recommands putting DTM's in the main Unit.

the same rules apply as just the main unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back