Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HAT Serial Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

maldridge

Systems Engineer
Jul 28, 2022
US
I have a decent supply of Nortel 2210s that I'm looking to configure using a Configuration Cradle. The specific cradle model I have is the older version with the serial interface, not USB (catalog N0023318). I am connecting to it from an OAM machine I keep prepared for such purposes that has Windows XP SP2 on it, and a prolific usb->serial adapter. The serial adapter works with almost all other devices I manage, but I am not 100% certain if it supports hardware flow control. The machine has a hardware UART as well, but I'll need to wait on a serial cable to show up in the mail before trying that.

When I load up the Handset Administration Tool it appears to load up just fine, but it doesn't connect to the handset in the cradle, nor is there an option to change the COM port on the settings tab as the setting suggest there should be.

If anyone has managed to get this working end to end or has a known good installer I'd really appreciate the assist. I could go through and set the settings up by hand, but punching in the wifi security key on a pile of phones is going to get old fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back