Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has Avaya taken away paging over SCN w/ matching shortcodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
Setting up a 4 site SCN and have used matching shortcodes before. Not working with 3.2. Has anyone run into this?

Forget I asked. I was doing it wrong. It works. Negative star for me.

That means 5 -1 = 4 stars:)

But i give you one for resolving your own problem.

Greets Peter

How exactly is this set up? I've always been curious and never found anything to indicate how to do it....

Kris G.

here is how you do it:

Main site just set up a page the way you normally would ie:

sc: *81
Tel: 200
Feat: Dialpaging
line: 0

Remote site needs 2 SC's:

first for groups to main site:

sc:2xx
Tel: .
feat: Dial
Line: IP line

second for paging:

sc: *81
Tel: 200
feat: Dialpaging
line: IP line

Try it you'll like it. Props to Ray @ Jenne for his help

Oh, ok THAT I've done. It lets any site do a page over net. But is there a way to have multiple switches (over SCN) be paged at once (one shortcode)?

Kris G.

You can rig something up using a vm pro module where you record and then play the recording thru a paging module, like a feedback eliminator, but as for 1 shortcode that pages all doesn't exist.

Yeah, thats what I figured.

Thats one of the reasons I can't wait until 4.0. I've done something in the past with VMPro, but we end up with a ton of service calls because the caller pages and hangs up before the post-dial actions can finish submitting the pages into VMPro's queue.

Kris G.

never had that problem. Not sure what your talking about. I have a 5 site scn that is doing in and it seems to work fine.

can you explain more? I like to be ware of potenial problems.

I've built it before with post-dial actions that send the recording to the various page codes (groups), but if you hang up before its done traveling through all the post-dial blocks in the VM Pro call flow, it stops right there.

Plus you hear "Forwarded.... Forwarded.... Forwarded...., etc." (one for each time it hits a post-dial action)

Kris G.

Just adding your info for fututre reference with the page code. Easy to copy into file later when I've got time.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back