Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone used the TestOut certification training cd's? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddha75

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
US
I was given the task of supplying out Windows support teams with Windows 2003 certification tools. I have heard that TestOut Corp has a very good product and it comes highly recomended from the handful of people that I spoke with.

I was just wondering if any of you have used the TestOut CBT's and if so, how did you like them?

Best Regards,

Bud

ask how many of the people who praise it have certifications and ask them to show you dated receipts for the CBTs and the dates off their cert transcript...

I've heard they're expensive and not directly aligned to the cert tests...

and again, how many who praise it are actually friends of yours who don't work for test-out?

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

I have TestOut....Before I go any further I want to say that a former employer bought if for me and let me take it with me when I left (under very good terms). I have the entire package. The price was around $1800.
Having said that...The A+ Hardware was excellent. The A+ OS was good but not great. The Network + (which I am on now) is not good only because it is in the old format. Lots of on screen reading and stupid anologies... It is the only one they haven't updated yet.
The interactive LabSims are fairly good but only test you on certain ways to do things...
The exam sims are good and point you back to the resource when you get a wrong answer.
My last remark:
For the $$$ you can buy multiple resources (books and practice exams)that are better.

Hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back