Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone taken the BSCI recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant99

Technical User
Sep 19, 2008
GB
I am planning on taking the BSCI in November. I have completed the course and now I'm revising and practising on my router simulator.

I was interested to know the pass mark. Is it 790 or 850? If anyone has a great revision tip that would be great. The information is slowly seeping into my head.

Thanks in advance.

Giant99,

Exam scores are based on a point scaling system that is widely used in the industry. Your score can fall within a point scale of 300 to 1000 points. You are automatically awarded 300 points for beginning the test and can score up to 1000 points if you answer every question correctly on the exam.

Please note that the specific number of points awarded to a given question varies on each of the different exams.

As far as passing score - I found this at Cisco.com -

Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice. The number of questions on each exam differs and the number of points per question differs, therefore we are unable to provide you with an exact passmark for any Cisco Career Certification exams. The passing score and the exact number of questions will be displayed on the screen at the beginning your exam. After completing an exam, candidates receive an individualized score report including a score breakout by exam section for pinpointing areas of strength and weakness.

Best of luck with your certification goals.

Regards,
Andrew
Cisco Learning Network Moderator

This was posted August 11, 2008, does it really matter what the passing score is? Will that change how you study? You are either ready for it or you are not :)

Good luck!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

CiscoG is right.. You will go through the test thinkung that you are failing miserably and then finish and see that you passed.. (Or missed by one question like I did on the CCNA ICND2 the first time.. LoL) Good Luck!!!

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Hardest test I ever taken. Tried multiple times and still have yet to pass it. I have decided to skip it come back to this last. A co-worker here also having trouble.

I failed the BSCI the first time but passed the second. Definitely the hardest of the 4..

Burt

Tradeya, I'm curious, what are you using to prep yourself for the exam?? If you have questions about concepts by all means post them here and we'll help you out.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

I just scheduled my test for 1/10/09 and I've also heard is was the hardest. Has anyone taken the test in last couple of months?

CCNA
Network Admin

Many people have recommended that composite over the individual tests on this site and others!

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

hi there.
i'm also currently study for the BSCI.
I am using GNS3withDynamips for my labs and cisco's CCNP v.5 Semesters for the documentation.

Two questions please.
1. Do you recommend to take the composite exam? Would be easiest than the two stand-alone exams?

2.I do the routing study using GNS3 but i can't find an emulator about the Layer 3 Switching and i am going to face problems on the BCMSN course.
I'm thinking to spend some money to make a CCNP Lab.
Is it worth?
What is your recommendation on that? Can you advise me what i should buy for my lab and where i should find those machines?(e bay probably)

Thanks.

I have a lab with about 7 routers and 2 2950's and I'm also using the GNS3 but for only real quick scenarios or small labs.

I have my lab because "cisco" is my career and always will be -I can't be the Next Top Chef- so this is my thing. I would recommend the investment and you can start piece by piece. Ebay is a good spot to start and

CCNA
Network Admin

Definetly build a lab for home study, but if you can get your hands on the Cisco Packet Tracer v5.1 I think is the latest, I would grab it because it is a good way of testing out scenarios (you do not have full IOS commands though) but it will give you a REALLY tool to practice with...

I have been postponing on setting up my lab at home myself, just need to hunker down after tax season and do it... LOL

But from everywhere I have read and what people are saying on here (also what I plan on doing) go ahead and take the composite exam...

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back