Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone stuck a gateway bw their legacy key system and IP network

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeFoneChique

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2003
US
Considering a migration strategy. Network of 300 sites. 3 HQ type and the rest are small branch offices. HQ sites are S87xx. Some remote sites are S8300s with G650/700s, others are legacy Partner ACS (key).

Looking for anyone who has put a small gateway (G350 etc) in between their key system and the rest of their S8710 network as they migrate sites from key to IP. Idea is to leverage the centralized contact center application without having to immediately replace key systems that are in many cases 9 - 12 months old.

If you've done this, please contact me. We'd like to ask a couple of questions. e.g. what gotchas did you run into? Why did you do it? (validate our insanity).

Thanx in advance

p.s. would this work for an acquisition that we just did that saddled us with someNortel and Toshiba gear?

I have integrated a point to point T1 from a G3si to a channel bank, which then broke the channels out into fx trunks which where routed into a Mitel key system. Worked fine. I suppose you could drop in a media gateway with mm711 modules to provide the analog dialtone and route them into a partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back