Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone seen this Error message before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alritter

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
SQL ERROR 20035, NOT FOUND IN ERROR.SQL FILE

Any solutions to this error?

SQL 6.5

Oh my thats almost as good as the famous Foxpro error.

Fatal Error 14 while reporting Fatal Error 14.

Sorry though haven't used 6.5 for years. I assume you have tried looking in the MSDN Knowledge Base.

I have done some digging and found that the database is running out of space. If I expand the database will that affect the data in the databse?

No. It just gives you more room to store data. My database expands on a weekly (sometimes daily basis). In six months my main database has gone from a beginning size of 10GB to 165 GB.

-SQLBill

This is the new error mesage I get..

Cant allocate space for object "GLbalance" in database TMMSQL because the default segment is full. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use AlTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.

I am not familiar with SQL.

Help

If you're not familiar with SQL, you are likely going to get into trouble unless you spend the time to read the manuals.

In SQL 6.5 databses cannot grow or expand automatically as they do in SQL 7 and higher. The physical file is called a device and is created in segments. If the last segment is full, you must add segments to the physical file before you can expand the database.

The message tells you what to do. Run sp_extendsegment. See the SQL documentation for details. I haven't used SQL 6.5 for years so I can't remember the syntax or other details.

If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874 and faq183-3179.
Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back