Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone got Sidekick Web Publisher add-on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james33

Technical User
Dec 23, 2000
IE
Dear All,
In pursuit of the ultimate SK95/Internet Sidekick experience,has anyone got a copy of the:
Sidekick Web Publisher
It was an add-on for Sk95/Sk97 and Sk98 and allowed you to publish your cardfiles and Calendar to the Internet..
Really would appreciate a copy if anyone out there has a copy..

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

James,

Web publishing is a selection on the menus for sk98. Seems to be built in and not a separate product. Are you sure it was a separate product for sk98?

Gary Britt

Dear Gary,
I am quoting from the SK web pages you sent me!
it would appear (and funnily enough I was not aware of it) that it was also an add-on for SK95 and Sk97...

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

The web publisher was an add-on for sk97, but its built-in to sk98. I wonder if there is a file that's part of sk98 that in fact is the web publisher add-on and if it would work with sk97. The chart I sent you doesn't indicate the web-publisher is an add-on for sk95 and Internet Sidekick, but wouldn't surprise me if it worked with them. Where did you get that info from?

We should post those two charts as a faq here.

Gary Britt

Dear Gary,
Would you like to do that?
I mean put the chart here.
Further to where does it say it:
The table says the following:
Ability to create HTML (web pages) from Sidekick Calendars.

Sidekick98
(Tick)
Sidekick97 for Win95/NT4.0
tick + (requires WP add-on)
So it is just for Sk97 and not for Sk95.
My mistake
+ it says too:

Sidekick Web Publisher compatibility:

Sidekick98
(Tick)

Sidekick97 for Win95/NT4.0:
tick + (requires WP add-on)

It is on the
"SidekickVersionsComparisonChart"
in the "Starfish SKWIN Files.zip" you sent second time.

Regards Jim

Hi James,

Yes, I'll give it a try regarding posting the two charts as faqs.

Gary Britt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back