Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone ever used Canon GP200? Copier/Fax/Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedtekguy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2003
US
Thinking of getting one of these old machines. Has anyone had any experience with it? I've heard some bad/good things about it (mostly bad) but never talked to anyone who's used it. Thanks for you replies!

Hello

I have used and worked on GP215 GP335 & Gp405, they are all good machines, i.e quite fast print and also good quality, they can also be used as Copier and Scanner, with the latter you have to install a SCSI adapter.
The only problems I have had from a Copier/Quality point of view is when they require a Service which is normal, you may have to replace drum every 60-70,000 copies, Fuser every 100,00 copies and the pickup rollers should be replaced at every service (these are not expensive).
Overall they are a good machine. The only fault in relation to the print board is the error on screen of E602, this can be solved by (1) Reloading the System Software(which your Canon Tech will do or (2) Worst case scenario the printer board or expansion board or hard disk has failed. Which in the case of the printer board failing costs on average €3,000 if you do not have a Service Agreement with Canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back