Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone ever been lied to?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclerico

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2005
US
Have any of you ever used the Software advisor tool to track down which image contains a certain feature?? I'm jackin' around tonight and want to configure some private vlans on my 3550 switch. I go to cisco and use the software advisor. I enter my feature that I want and select my platform and it shows me 12.2(46)SE. I download it and install it but now I'm salty as all get out; the commands still aren't available. Whats up wit dat?? This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Evil Cisco, evil!!!!!! Sorry to rant :)

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

so what commands are you talking about?
vlan not supported???????

What I want to do is:
Code:
Switch(config)# vlan 50
Swtich(config-vlan)# private-vlan .........
but the commands are not present to config the private-vlan...oh well

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)

MAC, nice find!!! Sucks that they would still include it in their available commands for the platform. Oh well...

Ya, I know.. That was actually tthe "second" time I found that same post! The first was when I was deciding which switch to buy (3550/3560/3750) and digging into protected and private VLANs! Decided to wait on the 3550 and now will be waiting a little longer... LoL Hopefully the price of the others will drop by the time I am in need of some more!

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

3750??? What do you do on the side?
Oh yeah, forgot...you have no kids...you have $$$, your sanity, and NO gray hair...lol

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back