Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone ever administered a Mitel system prior to Avaya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiw

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
US
Has anyone administered Mitel prior to Avaya? What is hard to migrate to different administration system or basically the same? Did you have to undergo admin training?

Thanks.

Georgiw...

I have not admin'd a Mitel system before, I've always done Avaya and Cisco. But you're question is interesting to me: I'm in the opposite position: We are considering switching from an Avaya to a Mitel system, mostly because of Mitel's ability to virtualize.

Why are you migrating away from Mitel? What was it about Mitel that made you consider Avaya? Is your Mitel an IP-based system, or an older TDM-based system.

I'm just doing a comparison at this time. No immediate corp plan to move from Avaya to Mitel.

OK.

Just out of curiosity (and then I'll shut-up): How do you like your Mitel system? How well does it administer? Are your end-users happy with it?

Before I started working at a company that services nothing but Avaya, I had worked on just about every other system, including Mitel. I took a little while to figure out the different terminology, but the Avaya system is actually quite easy to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back