Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anybody tried this for BEFSX41 router ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

techciscouser

Technical User
Jan 17, 2004
US
I am setting up VPN connection to access work computer from home.
I have BEFSX41 router. I checkd out on Linksys site...and I found this:

Is it helpful ...Before I try that; I thought of taking reviews of people those who tried...does it work.?? or is it done diffrently than its written?? My other conecrn is I just have 1 BEFSX41 router...setup changes inthat case or I can still follow the instrutions on this page...

Well, your link seems to have been cut off, but no matter. If your linksys is at the Home side, you should not need to do anything to your router to be able to establish a VPN in to work. You would want to enable NAT on the LinkSys if you were looking to go from work to home.

If that is the case, you will want to open up port 3389, have that forwarded to your desktop and you will be able to connect remotely.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks Markdmac....
here is the link
'I have a router at work & not at home. And far as VPN Client Software is conecerned...I do have Cisco VPN Client...or I think I can use Putty also(Correct me if I am wrong..) I was thinking of following the smae steps as LinkSys mentioned & then use Putty or Cisco Client to connect.
I have never done it so I might be wrong in the concept of understaniding VPN setup.
And as you wrote
"You would want to enable NAT on the LinkSys if you were looking to go from work to home.
If that is the case, you will want to open up port 3389, have that forwarded to your desktop and you will be able to connect remotely"
Since I am connecting from home to work; I assume this is not applicable in my case...
Thanks...a lot
Can you give some lead to it ....Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back