Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anybody run VM Pro 4.2 with an IP403 running 3.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalTelecom

Programmer
Mar 4, 2014
US
I am having issues with an older system. The IP403 is running at 3.2.55 and the voicemail is the corresponding release.

My ultimate goal was simply to put an out of service button on the main group. That fails to a HG with no members - which in turn has a VM pro module leave action with a goto to a VM Module called holidays. When I put the group out of service it wont follow the Out Of Service path but just goes to voicemail for 200.

So then we talked about using the calendar function in VM Pro and just have the calls route to the holiday attendant by calendar, which is how I normally do it. Well crap, the calendar for 3.2.55 is missing the Logic and/or functions! I have several versions of 3.2 and they seem to be missing that. Hence that function is not working correctly either.

Voicemail is installed on a refreshed Windows XP Pro machine.Its a new call flow I rebuilt (I did not import the old call flow because it seemed corrupt).

Can I use a later version of VM Pro? The IP403 will not take a later upgrade. I was hoping this would help solve the issue.

You could try it but no guarantees can be done ofcourse.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

By the way, I went ahead and installed the latest 4.2.x VM Pro and it is running fine with the IP403 running 3.2.
I got the condition editor back and it's doing what it is supposed to be doing.

I have a R6 VM running against a IP 403 R3.2 and found no issue at all. It is even better as the R3.2 VMPro and the big advantage is the VM Pro client/server construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back