Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has any one worked with Altiga VPN Concentrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovoso

MIS
May 15, 2000
US
<b>I am trying to find out real world information on Altiga VPN Concentrator. Particularly if any one has seen connection issues relating to bandwith and software bugs. I am also trying to find information on any other remote VPN solution. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.<br><br>abovoso

Hello,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;We are using the Altiga C60 Concentrator as our VPN solution. We are using IPSec with 3DES.<br><br>We have been beta testing this product for the last couple of months.&nbsp;&nbsp;Although I wasn't in on the design phase I am trying to resolve a lot of issues on the client side of things.<br><br>Some of the issues we have faced is the inability to connect to NetWare servers from DSL and cable modem connections as well as DUN.&nbsp;&nbsp;We have had no luck with IPX, NWIP, and NW5 IP.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also we have seen various client system crashes that were resolved to setting the MTU to 1400.&nbsp;&nbsp;We believe there may be DNS issues as well as problems with the Deterministic Network Shim Adapters (DNE) that seem to conflict with the Netware client and cause the IP stack to break when uninstalling other software packages.&nbsp;&nbsp;I can go on and on.<br><br>Lastly, the support has been horrible.&nbsp;&nbsp;I hear the Nortel product is No. 1 in the industry.<br><br>Please contact me.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would like to talk anyone who has worked with this product.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back