Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hardware/Software Upgrade from IPO 412 Rel 3.2 to IPO 500 V2 Rel 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmnt1981

Technical User
Apr 18, 2017
US
Has anyone had any success in loading a config from a IPO 412 Release 3.2 to a IPO 500 V2? I am doing an upgrade from the 412 (also 8 analog expansions) to a new IPO 500 V2 Release 10 with 8 new analog expansions. Its essentially a swap for swap equipment wise. I am just trying to save some time if it is possible to upload that exported config to the new system. I'm just curious if any one has had success in doing this. Any thoughts will be appreciated!

Don't.

Build a new configuration from scratch. The most I would reuse is exporting the Users to import to the new one. That few users won't take long and save you a lot of grief

Do not look at it as a upgrade, it will be a complete new install.
As said building from scratch is the best way to go, it make take some more time but it saves a lot more after the "upgrade".

U dus over from 5.0 to 9.1 and i imported user rights, users incoming call routes.
Be careful with user rights as some options are instead of turn on/off they are the opposite.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks guys, its not going to be complicated from a call flow programming wise. Its being used for all analog phones in a building in Chicago. I was just seeing if anyone has encountered this and looking for a new perspective on it. I have another question regarding the voicemail. Some background on this site. The entire building is on a Avaya CM which has a H323 line to the IP Office. Only the IPO is getting replaced (along with expansions) and has all of the the hall, elevator and emergency analog phones. The voicemail type is Remote Audix. I believe that is to the CM but I am not sure. Does anyone have any input with the older 400 IPO's and voicemail types? Has anyone encountered a type of configuration as this? I have attached the screenshot with the type of voicemail they are currently on:

Voicemail Type:Remote>Audix Voicemail
Voicemail Destination>0
Voicemail IP>255.255.255.255
Audix UDP Number>2997

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a600095d-828d-4656-99b1-6dc22fa046ce&file=Screen_Shot_04-19-17_at_08.13_AM.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back