Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hardware/Software Support - Grey Area's!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyT

Instructor
Mar 2, 2002
GB
Ok this is probably in the wrong forum but unsure which to post it on and Windows 2000 server service packs started the problem.

Since upgrading the service packs we've experienced a slow down on the SAN for access to files and the exchange server. Event logs show 'Event ID 772' which states that the firmware we have on our MSA1000 needs upgrading to above revision 1.16, we have 1.14

We have the download and it looks straight forward but as we pay both software and hardware support to different companys i'd rather one of them did it and if it goes wrong i don't have to collect my P45.

This is where it hits a grey area. The software people say its a hardware problem and the hardware people say its software. I tend to sway towards the principle that it is hardware as anything to do with firmware or bios should come under hardware.

Be happy to hear if others had experienced these grey area's and what the industry stance on this is/ought to be?

Thanks

TobyT [bigears]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back