Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hardware reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 1998
US
How does the Gateway ALR 8000 series compare with the HP or Compaq server lines in performance and hardware support? Does anyone have any experiences to relate? I am looking to purchase a new server for use as an SQL server.

I can't speak for the 8000, but I am running 5 ALR 7300 and we have not had a problem for the 4 months they have been in service!! Fact is we have started purchasing only Gateway products because of the support I received on the desktops and towers. Out of over 350 PCs I have had maybe 2 hardrives and 2 monitors with problems. I received a replacement within 2 days with the packing and ups documents for the ups to pickup the bad components at our locations without having to do a thing! I do not work for or own stock in Gateway, but if this continues I woulod certainly like to!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back