Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hardware Driver's when installing NEW WinXP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAYKEN

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I recently installed WinXPHome. If you do this, rest assured you are more than likely going to have to get new
hardware and several new boards. I could not get drivers (or find them for old hardware after looking under all the rocks)I had to buy a new sound card, a new modem card and a new scanner. This was well worth it tho, as I wound up with an updated computer. As an OS, XP is VERY good. I didnt have any of the usual probs loading or setting this OS up. At other times loading new OS's, I have had to reformat the hard drive and jump through several hoops first!

Did you tried to work with Widnows 2000 drivers? I have tried few times and 80% of times did not have a problem

I had a better eXPerience with XP. :) Almost all of the hardware (Except the Motorola 56k modem) were recognized properly. I had to settle with using Windows 2000/98 drivers for my modem and it worked easily. Perhaps you should try using those older drivers. Use the 'continue installation' option when it sez that the driver is not verified by Microsoft.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back