Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hardware compatibility test... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag

Programmer
Dec 7, 2000
GB
hi folks!

can please someone check if this system-configuration is compatible (do the single parts fit to each other?) and suggestive ??

- AMD Thunderbird Athlon c K7 1400MHz (266MHz FSB)
- ABIT KT7A-100 (266MHz FSB)
- 2 x 256MB Kingston RAM (SDRAM, CL3)
- Asus V7100 Pro/T

thanx a lot! :)

cya patrick.metz@epost.de

AMD + KT7 = Check! Good combination.
Kingston RAM = Check! Good RAM.
GeForce 2 based graphics card = Check!

Complete the outfit with an IBM Deskstar HDD (or 2), Creative Labs Live soundcard, Pioneer 16x DVD unit and AOpen CD Writer and that'll be one awesome system.

Have you chosen a case for that lot?

PS You may want to get a Dragon orb cooler or similar for your processor;

thanx citrix!

i just had doubts about the combination of this AMD-CPU and the KT7. i have no idea about the 'new' AMD-CPUS and this FSB-stuff (100MHz... 133MHz... 266MHz)!! that's why i don't know which CPU fits with which mobo and/or RAM. X-)

actually i just want to upgrade my machine (not enough fps in counterstrike *g*). i already have 2 IBM-disks, a SoundBlaster Live! (Player), an ASUS 50x CD-ROM and an AOpen DVD-drive in the case (bigtower) of my dreams. :-X

cya patrick.metz@epost.de

Here is an easy way to maybe gain some extra umph in the game, try turning off programs running in the background. Just hit ALT, Ctrl, Delete keys together until the box opens showing what is running, end task one by one, but...DO NOT end task on Explorer or Systray!!! Then go to desktop, right click on My Computer and then click on properties, now go to Performance tab and look for System Resources: You should have atleast 85% if not your game will not function properly, I got this info from a game card tech. If you are not online playing the game try disabling your anti-virus while running the game, you won't need it if your offline and not installing anything. also exit anything not vital in the taskbar, such as AOL instant message etc. etc. Once you have atleast 85% system resources you will see the difference in the game. Good luck! Azimuth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back