Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hardware Analysis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2001
US
I am trying to create Run-Time books for the servers I support and am looking to put in the hardware information for the server. On my SUN boxes I used the prtdiag and got that information but this is not available on DEC. Anyone know of a command that would give me the same information. I also would like to include a list of the installed software (pkginfo on SUN). Anyone know a command for digital unix that will do this also.

I also would not mind any tips anyone might have about where I could find a sample Run-Time Book so that I can compare the content and make sure I am putting all the necessary information in mine.

Thanks for any help.

There are some fancier ways to get this info. But you might need to install more software to do it.

From the command prompt you can see the Hardware foud by the Kernel
#uerf -R |more --> Look at the startup log.

For software
#setld -i --> Will give you a list of known subsets and which of these are intalled in your box.

Crude!, but you get the info. Also in the console try
>>>FRU --> Field replacable units list!

L8ter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back