Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HARD resting the PowerConnect 3024?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsuntuar

Technical User
Apr 6, 2011
US
Anyone know anything about the hard reset button found INSIDE the PowerConnect 3024? Its found on the back board one the inside of the switch. When pressed it seems to do a reset of the switch but i am not sure if it has cleared anything cause i then try to access the GUI though the supposed default IP of 192.168.0.1 and it doesn't work. I really could use some help as i really do not want to have to get a special cable just to get in and set the switches IP for configuring.

It doesn't clear anything, just power cycles. Try the ole Wireshark method (L2). It'll ARP---just set your comp for auto, and it'll at least neg speed and duplex, and it should try and ARP back and forth. Then telnet/ssh whatever in.

Oh yeah---this isn't a Dell forum---Dell sucks, even worse than 3COM!

your manuals, sir.

Burt

...will Hurt anyone named Kurt and make a Pert Pert, and I have a lot of Certs and hot chicks love to flirt (with Burt) and that makes me spurt as I make 'em squirt on the dirt through their skirt wet t-shirt...lol

Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(25c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: Copyright (c) 1523-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu 11-Feb-1539 23:02 by ßµ®†Šß€€Š

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [ÝØÝØMØÑ], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Edge uptime is 469¼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back