Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hard drive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a 20mb hard drive split into 2 and 18. with the 2 being full all the time. Is there a way to go back to a normal 20gb hard drive without losing all the info on it. or is there a way to enable the computer to read what is on the 18gb side without manually moving files around. I do alot of downloading and the programs are in the 2gb side and wont run when switched into the 18gb. If i do have to fdisk the hard drive... is it possible to copy its contents onto another 4gb hard drive then recopy back onto the reformatted 20gb ? Please help, any information here would be greatly apprecieated. As you can tell I was not too bright when setting up the hard drive origionally. thanks

Just something in the back of my mind says that a peice of software called Partition Magic can do this on an active partition, hey but don't take my word for it!
Martin Vote if you found this post helpful please!!

DM and DISK WIZARD by seagate are helpfull if u have a seagate HDD.

to the best of my knowledge you can install the 4gig hd and copy the entire 2gig partition fdisk the 20gig then copy the files back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back