Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Drive Partition Deleted. Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adambtolbert

Technical User
Nov 13, 2019
US
Hi,
I have an external hard drive. Which I plugged into my laptop. I synchronized my drive space, but accidentally hard drive partition deleted during disk management. As a result, I am not able to see my partition to which I had access earlier.
Can I recover my same partition with data?? :-(

The key is to NOT do anything else to the drive. Unplug it from the computer until you have the recovery software installed. I've used this software (paid version) but go ahead and try the free version. You should be able to get everything back if you haven't done anything crazy to the drive since loss of partition AND it's not physically failing.
Link

You could try this too, but this is a Chinese company so there's that little bit of hesitancy in my mind.
Link

I second GetDataBack, Goom's fist link above. It has worked wonders on a ton of drives I have used it on. I have also had luck with Recuva on a freshly deleted drive before if no alterations were done to it.

Good luck, Goom has you headed in the right direction.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

There are tools that can dig deep into the architecture of your lost universe and retrieve these sacred scrolls of knowledge. EaseUS presents you with scannable drives, guides you with an intuitive interface, and gives you the option to preview all recoverable files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back