Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard drive Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raddog1645

Technical User
Jan 18, 2003
US
I was given PII 450 that is running Win2000 Pro. It has two HD. C drive(10 gig) is about a quarter full and D(20 gig) is virtually empty. Yet when I try to install software I get a message stating there is not enough hard disk space. Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks,
R.

Are you logged on with Adminstrator access? Has someone changed the security permissions on some/all of the drives?

Radddog1645,

Where are you trying to install the software. Choose custom install and specify where. Chkdisk, scandisk, defrag, virusscan. Look at the environment variables. Is temp pointing to somewhere that doesn't exist. Right click my computer, properties, advanced, environment variables. Are you set up to see all files and directories. What do the drives look like in disk administrator. If all else fails how about a 2nd clean install of W2K on d:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back