Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Disk: Invalid Media Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooroosta

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
GB
Hi, i seem to have a weird problem with my hard disk..

After the hard disk became nearly full nothing else could be written to it..

I rebooted and each time i tried to use it the "invalid media error"..the same error that appears when the disk isn't even formatted!

I tried a dos boot disk but still couldn't access any files on the drive..

I am flummoxed...any help would be greatly appreciated 'cos theres lots of important work and files on the drive..

Thanks IA

It may be that the drive has failed and has a hardware fault if it does not appear on the bios or that the file system has become corrupt normally the partition but there are other areas that can cause the same errors.

You can try to repair the partition but you need to know what you are doing. If the data is important to you try they are recovery experts and are good at these problems.

Thanks for the help.
The motherboard recognizes the Hard disk in Bios so i think i might try the GetDataBack software as it seems to be recommended a few times in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back