Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hard disk detection failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiaMeX

Programmer
Jul 31, 2003
US
hi...
I cannot detect my HDD. That often happens (but not always) when i use my pc usually at night time. The first time it happened was when i moved in to other apartment. One thing i noticed, when we moved in, is that my monitor display was not as quite as good as before. I think it was just on voltage supply problem on my new appartment. And the reason why i can't detect my hdd on night time is that that is the time for electricity overusing. Am i right? if so, why is that my hard disk cannot still be detected even if i have my AVR (volage regulator)? why is that my CD-ROM drive is detected and my HDD is not(thou they're both disk drives). I've already checked all connections,including IDEs and power chords, and i think they're all properly fixed.

Please post me some solutions.
thank you so much!!! have a nice day!

sometimes your computer power supply is only a certain ammount of watts. It may not be detected if your HD is not getting sufficient power supply.. Try to hook it up to a power converter if you have one or another outlet within the room.. see if that helps.

I've already done those stuffs. It doesn't change anything. One thing i think is the solution right now is not to use the AVR with multiple power chords connected to it using the AVR with one . Just the system unit alone but it doesn't garantee me a hundred % effectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back