Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hangs on login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowatt

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
GB
When I left on Friday everything was working normally, back in this morning and it's another crappy monday.

I have tried to logon and i get the loading your personal settings the screen goes blue and thats it. I have left it for over an hour and nothing. I have tried loging on at other machines and it's the same. I can log in to domain admin from my workstation and all other users are fine.

My account is not locked out and appears to be fine and nothing has been changed. I am using w2k workstation pro to a w2k ad cluster server.

Any ideas please, thank you.
mowatt

Have you checked your event viewer to see if there are any errors if so post them so we can get an idea of what is going on.

bob

Jones' Law
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

Hi bob

I took your advice and had a look in the event viewer but i can't find anything that's significant. I did a print job on friday and thats it.

I think i may have to take this one on the chin and create myself a new account.

The main windows manager has gone away for two weeks so i will just blame him and keep smiling.

Thanks
Jonathan

From the sounds of your profile got messed up (or maybe because its Monday) Anyway something changed inyour personal profile (under Documents and settings, your name)

Who knows it might have been deleted and the machine had to rebuild your profile.

bob

Jones' Law
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back