Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handy Notification Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuilderSpec

Programmer
Dec 24, 2003
GB
Hi

I have created a simple little program that will give you a cool looking notification window on your screens . It is called "CASNotify" and can be downloaded from

Simply use the Shell command in Access VBA to call it and pass the parameters. A cool little window appears in the bottom right of the screen telling your users anything you want, and after 4 seconds it fades away. You can :

* Specify the window title
* Specify the message
* Specify how long it stays on screen before it fades
* Specify whether the user has to dismiss it by clicking OK.

usage examples :

Casnotify "Rate Alert" "ebay auction is ending"

Causes a window to appear with the title "Rate Alert" and "eBay auction is ending" in the box. Fades away after a few seconds

Casnotify "Rate Alert" "ebay auction is ending" -s

Causes a window to appear with the title "Rate Alert" and "eBay auction is ending" in the box. An OK button is on the window and the message and window will remain on top of any other form until the OK button is pressed.

Casnotify "Rate Alert" "ebay auction is ending" -t 10

Causes a window to appear with the title "Rate Alert" and "eBay auction is ending" in the box. Window will remain on screen for 10 seconds before fading away.

Download and use .. I would appreciate it if you could gibe me some feedback . useful ? waste of time ?

As an example of integration the following code would be used for the Shell command

Dim stAppName As String

stAppName = "C:\CASNotify.exe ""hello world"" ""this is me"""
Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

The double quotes are used to feed the parameters into the program.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Cheers

BuilderSpec

Hope this helps!

Regards

BuilderSpec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back