Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handshaking problem with Modem & win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

macphoneguy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
US
here are the basics I have a dell E5510 the Modem is a Conexant D330, the Modem, I can call out to other modems using Dial up networking & Remote desktop, However I have two Lines that I dial into that are critical I Modems, If I use a external Modem through the serial Port and connect to the critical I just fine, Using either procomm or hyper terminal, I can query the Modem just fine in windows control panel & the Modem diagnostic does see anything wrong, I have swapped out the internal Modem with Dell, No change, in all cases Logged in with Administrative privalages, I have also updated to latest bios on the E5510 no Change, Also disabling/re-enable it in the bios with No change On a Older Dell (D400) laptop running XP I can hookup just fine to critical I Any Windows 7 tip/trick I should Know about ? or should try ?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back