Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handset to Mobile transfer One-X Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmpotu

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
Goal: Be able to seemlessly transfer a call from my cell phone to my handset or handset to my cell phone.

I believe this can be done using one-x portal and the one-x mobile app from the iPhone app store but I have no clue how to set this up.
Does anyone know how to "transfer" a call you're currently on from your handset to your cell phone seemlessly?

You do that by pressing the twinning button.
When a twinned call is on your cellphone then the button puts it on the desk phone and the other way round.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You are amazing!!
I have been scouring the web trying to find this info for a few hours now. Funny thing is I even had the twinning button setup on the phone buttons but never knew it worked this way.
Thanks so much.

Okay so the next question is. Is there a way using the app or not using the app. To have the call when it goes from the deskphone to the cell phone be a seemless switch over without ringing?
When I go from my cell back to my desk by pressing the twinning button it's pretty much immediate with no ringing on the end of the caller, but when going from desk to cell the caller on the other end hear's a ringing tone like they just dialed my cell. Is it possible to make it so they do not hear this ringing? When we 1st got one-x portal and ipoffice I seem to recall them saying it is possible to transfer calls back and forth with the one-x portal interface and mobile app like this but I might be mistaken on that.

How could it possibly be seamless going that way? It still needs to dial your number and then you still need to answer it...what else would they hear inbetween ?

"No problem monkey socks

The reason you don't hear it when going from the cell phone to your office phone is because the call originated on the ip office. The was placed to your extension and it term, picked up on another truck and called your cell. Si it is still bridged by the IP Office when you are on your cell. Therefore when you want to use your desk phone it just cancels the bridge. But when you are on your desk phone and you want to use your cell, naturally it will have to call your cell.

Thanks guys. This makes perfect sense to me. I think I'm looking at trying to do it through the vmail pro management which is not possible like you guys are saying and I'm supposed to be looking at connecting the one-x mobile lite iPhone APP to a specific extension and make calls / receive calls using that APP so that everything goes through the IP Office system and then that's how it's supposed to be a seemless switch over. A lot of this is way over my head so I'm going to have to do more research on how to connect the APP to our system with the Call Appearance (FNE) settings for EC500 system etc.

Thanks again for all of the great responses guys and thank you for the help with the twinning button.

ec500 and fne are features of cm not ipoffice, twinning is the ipoffice term.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Just to save confusion, you cant make or take calls on the App itself, it isn't a softphone :)

"No problem monkey socks

You can seemlessly take over the call from your desk phone by using FNE code 01 from your mobile phone. But you have to use the mobile to transfer the call.

So we need Avaya Communication Manager on our server that has vmail pro and ip office and ACM is another piece of avaya software?
Even then we cannot (1)Make calls using our cell phone (with one-x portal lite) to seemlessly switch between or deskphone and cell or to (2) Always show our desk extension when making a call to a business customer, example, like if we wanted to call a customer back from our cell but have the Caller ID show the deskphone extension.

Yes, you can do this but it's not "seemless". It's a phone system not a majestic piece of hardware. I use the app to call customer's all the time. Especially the one's I don't want to have my cell number. What happens is the IPO picks up and calls me first. Once I answer it picks up and calls the customer thus showing the office CLID. Or I can choose to dial from my cell through the app also and it just makes a straight call from my cell. I just don't understand how you expect it to get to your cellphone. Now there may be some third party SIP Apps out there that you can buy a SIP license for that can make an extension for your phone but it won't have the features of the IPO App.. But, as far as the IPO App, that's the way it is designed to work...

Thank you guys for all of the great responses. It didn't sound right to me that this would be possible but during our training overview we were told that it is possible. I think what they ment was exactly what you have stated above overthebears. I really appreciate the clarification. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back