Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handset times behind 1:10

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemajestee

Programmer
May 5, 2010
US
Hello.

My 6 handsets all display the same time which is behind by 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Nortel ICS/CallPilot configuration. I am not an expert, actually perhaps clueless.

I am able to log into the CallPilot web interface and verify the Timezone on the System properties page. In fact, I have changed the timezone to see if it would affect the handset displays and it did not.

I used the **TIME command on my handset to correct the time. The time stayed correct on all handsets for about 10 minutes then reverted.

This started when I rebooted the internet modems and router. I have rebooted both the phone system and CallPilot since then with no success.

Thank you.

The time on the phones is controlled by the phone system not the voice mail. If you are finding the clock is changing then you are probably getting the time from the caller ID info from the carrier. You can turn off this syncing in the system. Also contact your carrier and them their clock is wrong.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back